Youth Faith Formation
Our youth faith formation program at Holy Rosary provides opportunities for children and teens to grow in their faith through instruction in Catholic beliefs and traditions, participation in prayer and an understanding of how to live their faith each day.
Formation in the Faith is the best gift we can hand down to our children. At their child’s Baptism, each parent accepts the responsibility of training their child in the practice of the faith. The Church teaches that the parent’s role in the formation of Christian values in their children is irreplaceable. Our program aims to help parents in their responsibility to pass down the teachings of Jesus revealed through His church.
Youth & Young Adult Ministry Mission Statement
By grace we are created, called and chosen for God’s Kingdom. With Jesus as head of our church and at the core of our ministry, our mission is to: “Enable youth to hear the good News about Jesus Christ in and environment that fosters spiritual growth, explores truth, expresses faith, experiences god and embraces community, so they develop holistically, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, physically and socially (Luke 2:52) to know Christ as their Savior.”
- Catholic Heart work Camp (CHWC): a social justice based mission trop where we help those who are in need but cannot physically to the work themselves.
- National Catholic Youth conference (NCYC): a 2-3 day national Catholic gathering and a deepening of the Catholic faith.
- Diocesan Middle School and Senior High Youth Rallies: Two events that promote diocesan community growth through keynote talks, games, Adoration and Mass.
- John Paul II (JP2) Leadership Camp: a middle school summer camp designed to help foster and grow leaders in individual parishes.
- Steubenville: Senior High conference geared around the Eucharist and personal development of a spiritual life.
- Lifeline: a very charismatic and personal event organized by the NET Ministries. The event includes Mass, a keynote talk and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- NET Retreats: High energy retreats put on the by the NET Ministries team to help bring faith alive to middle and senior high students.
There is a need for fundraising to help cover some of the costs for some of these activities and events.
Over the past couple of years, we have been able to raise funds through different activities.
- Holiday Gourmet Net Fundraisers
- Weekly Sunday coffee and Donuts after the 9 am Mass
- Turkey/Ham bingo
- Raking leaves for those who are unable to accomplish this task.
- Church Dinners-assisting the Knights of Columbus in events
- Selling other promotional items