Youth & Young Adult Ministry Mission Statement
By grace we are created, called and chosen for God’s Kingdom. With Jesus as head of our church and at the core of our ministry, our mission is to: “Enable youth to hear the good News about Jesus Christ in and environment that fosters spiritual growth, explores truth, expresses faith, experiences god and embraces community, so they develop holistically, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, physically and socially (Luke 2:52) to know Christ as their Savior.”
- Catholic Heart work Camp (CHWC): a social justice based mission trop where we help those who are in need but cannot physically to the work themselves.
- National Catholic Youth conference (NCYC): a 2-3 day national Catholic gathering and a deepening of the Catholic faith.
- Diocesan Middle School and Senior High Youth Rallies: Two events that promote diocesan community growth through keynote talks, games, Adoration and Mass.
- John Paul II (JP2) Leadership Camp: a middle school summer camp designed to help foster and grow leaders in individual parishes.
- Steubenville: Senior High conference geared around the Eucharist and personal development of a spiritual life.
- Lifeline: a very charismatic and personal event organized by the NET Ministries. The event includes Mass, a keynote talk and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- NET Retreats: High energy retreats put on the by the NET Ministries team to help bring faith alive to middle and senior high students.
- Veritas: “The Truth” is our bible study based on the Catholic Church and the teachings of it. This is every Wednesday and starts with adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at 7 am. We return at night for praise and worship music followed by a talk.
There is a need for fundraising to help cover some of the costs for some of these activities and events. Over the past couple of years we have been able to raise funds through different activities.
- Holiday Gourmet Net Fundraisers
- Weekly Sunday coffee and Donuts after the 9 am Mass
- Turkey/Ham bingo
- Raking leaves for those who are unable to accomplish this task.
- Church Dinners-assisting the Knights of Columbus in events
- Selling other promotional items